The Georgia State University Prison Education Project (GSUPEP) works to bring higher education into prisons, to facilitate education for those who have been incarcerated, and to educate our on-campus students about issues of mass incarceration. Educational opportunities during incarceration has been shown to reduce recidivism, improve employment opportunities, and promote self-worth. GSUPEP offers support and opportunity to incarcerated students to promote lifelong learning that strengthens human character, increases understanding of life experiences and motivates students to engage in productive citizenship.
- Synthesize up-to-date research on mass incarceration, higher education in prison, and recidivism rates as it relates to GSUPEP’s mission and goals.
- Demonstrate competency in written communication to create policy, procedure, and analytical documents for internal and external communications.
- Employ and assess digital communication strategies on social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) and the official GSUPEP website
- Prepare detail-oriented material on GSUPEP’s ongoing work for a public-facing audience on campus and in the community.
- Organize into teams and formulate short-term and long-term goals for team requirements.